Hello VCE Families!
Wow, can you believe that September has come to an end already?! What an action packed month, with school start up, gradual entry of our new Kindergarten students, the Terry Fox run, National Truth and Reconciliation Day, and more! Thank you for working with us to get up and running this school year, everything runs smoother when we are in partnership with our families and community. We appreciate you keeping up on our weekly emails and updates as we share important information and up-coming events. Please continue to reach out for any clarification from your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
I want to give a big shout out to our PAC for hosting a magical Meet & Greet pizza and movie night! Please reach out if you are interested in supporting the PAC and volunteering for events and fundraising. We can’t do it without you! I would also like to share my gratitude for our amazing teachers and educational assistants at VCE! We truly have a staff that cares deeply about the students and families. Thank you to all of the VCE staff for supporting a smooth start to our new school year.
With September behind us, I hope October brings your family joy and comfort in the Fall weather.
- Please send your child to school with appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather
- Please remember to send a water bottle with with your child as the water fountain is not turned on
- Please fill out all forms through School Cash Online if you have not already done so
- If you did not order your class supplies online, please use the list provided by the classroom teacher to buy class supplies for the year
- Please do not idle in the parking lot and If there are no parking spots available, consider parking behind the school or on a side street and walking in
- If you're sick, please stay home. Please continue to self assess before coming to school.
- Please call the school from the front doors if you are needing to pick up your child or relay a message.
The next meeting will be Tuesday, October 19 at 6pm in the gym.
Minutes from previous meetings are available under the PAC Tab
The PAC is gearing up for a fun year ahead packed with events. Everything from Popcorn Day to Carnival. Stay up to date on all the news and volunteer opportunities by joining our Facebook group.
Movie Night Thank you!
Thank you everyone who came to the movie night and especially to the volunteers and school staff who made it happen.
PAC are looking for a secretary
If you would like to help out or learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The role includes taking detailed notes, typing them up and distributing them to the members, and doing recaps to post to the group Facebook page.
Our annual auction is coming up. We are looking for volunteers to help solicit donations from local businesses and post them to our Facebook Auction page. If you would like to help out, are able to donate or just want to find out more please contact Jen email@example.com
We now have a new Constitution, Bylaws and Code of Ethics. We are voting on adopting them in our Oct 19th meeting. We would love it if you could take some time to read through the files and come to our meeting to vote.
*Each school year you need to re register*
Here’s how to get started…Go to Valleycliffe Hot Lunches<https://valleycliffepac.hotlunches.net/admin/>
* Click on “Click Here to Register” (last year’s accounts have been deleted so you will need to register fresh for this year)
* Enter Access Code VCHL
* Complete the rest of the registration form. (Including your email address will ensure you receive reminder emails about hot lunch order deadlines, and your child’s hot lunch order for the upcoming week)
* Click the “Register Now” button at the bottom
* Follow the instructions to add each child in your family who attends Valleycliffe School
* Once your child(ren) are registered, click on “Orders”
* Proceed to order hot lunch for your child(ren)
Valleycliffe Elementary School Calendars are now available! The calendar has all school closures and early dismissals. With photography generously donated by Tim Cyr. Cash, cheque and e-transfer available. You can now order on the Hot Lunch system https://valleycliffepac.hotlunches.net Or E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include your name and "school calendar" in the message. Pick up Thursday's from 3-3:15 at the front door of the school. Or contact Jen at 604-561-4900 to make other pick up arrangements.
Terry Fox Run
Thank you to everyone for your donations to the Terry Fox Foundation! The rain held off and the run this Year was a great success! Video
Truth & Reconciliation Day
Throughout the week, the students have been reflecting, healing and progressing. Who Holds you up is what they were asked. Stay tuned next week to see how our heart garden grows.
Our teachers have been busy learning this month! What our teachers were up to for the September Professional Development Day:
- Science of Reading
- Technology Connections
- Mathology - hands-on math with stories to support concepts
- Ensouling our Schools by Jennifer Katz
We would like to thank the PAC for a very successful Pizza and Movie night. What a great way to start off the year!
We want to wish a happy birthday to all of our students born in September! To celebrate, each student got to choose a birthday book today.