Hi VCE Families,
I hope this email finds you well and dry! It is hard to believe that we are getting close to the end of the school year already.
A few reminders for our families:
- If you haven’t set up a time with your child’s classroom teacher to pick up personal belongings, please contact them directly. The days for this are June 17th (afternoon) & 24th (throughout the day).
- Summative reports will be ready on the last week of school (week of June 22nd). If your child is attending that week, they will receive it then. If your child isn’t attending the last week and not picking up on the 24th, we will mail the reports home.
*Correction from last email – reports will NOT be ready on the 17th.
- Please DO NOT just show up on the 17th or 24th – we need to do this by appointment to adhere to the health and safety protocols in place.
- Devices –please let your child’s teacher know if you will be continuing borrowing for educational purposes over the summer. If not, PLEASE return on the day you have organized with the teacher.
- Kindergarten tours start next week as well (new K parents will have received a separate email on this for details).
- We are celebrating National Indigenous Day (June 21st), this coming Monday and Tuesday for the students that have returned to school. Please make sure your child is ready for rain or sun with appropriate clothing –we are outside. As things are a little different these days, we will need to limit the event to students only. We look forward to having our families join us in the future.
Other Important Information:
The last day for most students attending will be Tuesday, JUNE 23rd. If you are an essential service worker, your child can continue up and until Thursday. We will be in touch with the ESW families that are currently attending more to find out when their last day will be.
This summative report is based on evidence of student learning that teachers have gathered throughout the year including the last assessments teachers were able to provide prior to the spring break.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Principal of Valleycliffe Elementary
Sea to Sky School District (SD48)