Dear New Kindergarten Parents at VCE,
We are so excited to welcome you to our school! By now, you should have connected with Shelby from our office to set up a time to visit the school, either on June 17th or 24th. This is by no means a mandatory visit but we wanted to make sure you had the opportunity to take a tour of our school. If you have changed your mind in any way, please contact the office as soon as possible at 604-892-9394. Given the current times we are in, things may be a little different but we are happy to welcome everyone into our school.
What to expect on the day:
- We will greet you at the front entrance of the school at the time you are scheduled (please arrive on time as we will have to stick to our schedule and keep physical distance when waiting to come in the school).
- Following protocol, we will ask you to follow physical distancing recommendations and we will ask for everyone, including the students, to wash their hands upon arrival.
- You will then be guided on a tour by one of our team members throughout the school for about 10 minutes.
- We will then all meet on the playground for a 10 minute play (rain or shine so everyone should dress for the weather). You can use this time to chat with the Kindergarten teachers and ask any clarifying questions you may have.
- Before you leave we will ask that you wash your hands again and send you on your way with a goodie bag of resources for your child.
Note: We know there are many questions surrounding what the beginning of the school year might look like and we will get any information we learn to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience as we navigate learning during this time.
Some resources to get you started:
- A link to welcome you to our school and a virtual tour for those unable to join us: https://youtu.be/sraVoXL8ECI
- A link to a video on helping your child with separation anxiety as they get ready to join us in Kindergarten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_5eiYIo1XM
- A link to our school district website for you to get a better understanding of our education plan in SD48 (you can learn more by checking out the tool bar at the top of this page): https://sd48achievement.org/
We look forward to meeting everyone! Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions in the meantime.
Principal of Valleycliffe Elementary
Sea to Sky School District (SD48)