Dear VCE Families,
It is hard to believe our holiday is here! I want to thank all of our families in our VCE community for working with us during the unique start of our school year. Together we have rallied to provide a sense of normalcy and calm for our students and each other through this pandemic. I want to give a big shout out to our staff here at Valleycliffe as they continued to create a warm and welcoming school environment and exciting learning opportunities. It is because of all the kindness and consideration that our first part of the year as been a success. I would also like to thank our PAC for always being thoughtful and helpful and of course rolling with things in this uncertain time. Although things have been different, you can still feel the connection among students, staff and families in our community. I am very fortunate to be part of this special place.
- Please check our SD48 website over the holidays for any updates: https://www.sd48seatosky.org/
- First I would like to thank everyone for working with us during this time and being understanding with the protocols in place to keep everyone safe at school. One of the ways in which we can be at school is with cohorts and zones on the playground to reduce capacity and large groups in the same space. I appreciate our families working with us on this as I know this is hard when not all peers and siblings get to play together. We know this can be tricky but is something that is important to have in place right now. To create new connections and bring different peers together again, we will be switching our cohort groups with our return to school on January 4th, 2021. We recognize there is no scenario that will please all of our students but we need to remember that this isn’t forever. We are doing our very best to work within our new parameters and we will continue to do so.
Mrs. Jajic & Ms. Dawson
Ms. Peterson & Ms. Crighton
Mr. Prescott & Mrs. Bourdon/Brant
Ms. Jones/Doherty & Mrs. Nunn
Ms. Roy & Ms. Dufty
- Please remember that we are a closed campus at this time but we will let you know if there are any changes. How you can help in the New Year: drop off and pick up as close to the start and end of day, please do not gather after school with others, and make sure lunch and supplies for the day (including extra clothes, water bottle, etc.) are packed for the day to avoid coming by at lunch.
- Please review our Covid-19 Health & Safety Plan here: https://22.files.edl.io/2556/09/29/20/183657-1de75f9b-4c71-4b8e-81b4-a9c12c630dcb.pdf
Your Story Squamish:
Mayor Karen Elliott has reached out to the Squamish schools within the SD48 community to invite students and families to share, anonymously, an experience you have had during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is part of a project called Your Story – Our Community, which is a collaboration with community leaders and organizations to bring light to our community by listening, supporting and connecting to one another.
The goal is to gather experiences from community members of all ages to inspire wise action in the ongoing response and recovery from the pandemic with the ultimate goal of strengthening our community as a whole.
Whether your experience is something big or small, hard or easy, happy or sad, stressful or uplifting, your story is important and will help identify themes and areas where support is needed. These are stories that one might tell to a friend, a trusted confidante, or family around the dinner table.
Learn more, and find the online form at: www.yourstorysquamish.ca.
A direct link to the story collection form can be found here: http://bit.ly/SquamishStories
VCE Curriculum Update:
Check out our great Learning Commons on our VCE Website, here: https://www.sd48valleycliffe.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1094516&type=d&pREC_ID=1374158.
There are some great resources you can check out over the break –A BIG thank you to Ms. Black for creating this!
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Today is the last day before our break
- January 4th –First day back after Winter Break
I know that our holidays will look a bit different this year but take this time to be with those you can be, rest and enjoy some outside adventures! Please stay safe and we will see you in the New Year!
Principal of Valleycliffe Elementary