Dear VCE Families,
I hope you are keeping warm this week! The sun is out but the chill is real! I hope you enjoy your long weekend and spend time doing fun things on Family Day.
- Family Day –February 15th (no school Monday)
- Please continue to do a daily health check at home each morning before heading to school.
- If you are unsure whether to call 811 or have your child tested for COVID-19 check out this easy and new K to 12 Health Check App: https://www.k12dailycheck.gov.bc.ca/healthcheck?execution=e1s1
- The safety of our students is important to us, please help us by not letting your children go into the pond area. We also have some lovely little creatures in this area (you will learn more about this in the coming months) that we want to protect. We disrupt them if we are in the area or throw things onto the pond. Thank you for helping keep every safe and protected.
VCE Curriculum Update: We are very excited for our Outdoor Classroom Inquiry happening at our school. A big thanks to Ms. Peterson & Ms. Bradshaw for all their work with this!
- Objective: Restore & protect the ephemeral wetland & its native & endangered species
- Objective: Learn about & support healthy interconnections between the pollinator meadow, forest, river, Indigenous plant trail & ephemeral wetland
- Objective: Create a VCE Edible Garden
Stay tuned for more info to come on our exciting plans!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Feb 24 - Pink Shirt Day
Mar 1 - Pro-D Day
Have a great long weekend!
Principal of Valleycliffe Elementary